Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Road Warrior - Journey's End

The journey of "Road Warrior" is coming to an end. I am appreciative of my experiences since they began, but times change and people change. I can take away with me a new career, I can say, "I moved away from home once" (although short lived), I faced death straight in the eyes and said "I can do this, and do it well"(However that's another story), I became independent in a way I didn't know was possible. Who I am now, is so far from who I was, who I thought I was and who my partner thought and expected me to be.

Since I began this blog, I've landed myself in Clear Lake, IA and remarried. I am now in the process of a divorce. I will be moving back home to be with my family and be the person I want to be, not what someone else wants me to be. Sometimes couples just aren't compatible and love has nothing to do with it, I just happen to love myself more and have had to go on this journey to learn what will make me happy, and I think the same can be said for my former partner.

I have no regrets. I have new hopes and dreams now. Life isn't "life" if you don't live it with all you have. I've lived more life than I have left to live and I want to spend it living the way I want to. I'm looking forward to the new journey. I envision a home of my own, where my grandchildren can come and we can create some awesome memories. Perhaps some property with a butterfly garden. I've always wanted a big, old house with a fireplace, a claw foot tub where I do my best thinking, rooms for painting and poetry again, a library where my books can finally emerge from their damp cardboard boxes and breath. If I'm lucky enough, a studio for photography. I want to learn to scrapbook and take the thousands of photos from days gone by and turn them into mementos for my children and grandchildren.

Time is the only obstacle. I'm in a race right now to "make it happen". I will not settle for anything less. Though obstacle after obstacle has presented itself, once I'm finally there, it will make it all the more worth while.

Peace Liz

0 comments: