Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I love being a Grandma, the best part are the antics of the little ones. My poor daughter though, still having two in diapers. They are all boys and full of "piss and vinegar". Lately their escapades have been worth writing down, I don't want to forget them as I've gotten great laughs and hope to be able to share with them when they grow up.

Their ages are 7, 2 and 9 mos. Maybe a week ago my daughter called to tell me what the middle child had done to his 9 month old brother, whom he loves and dotes over. Geffory climbed up the gate separating the kitchen from the living room, reached onto the kitchen counter and got himself a bottle of Fabreez. My daughter entered the living room to find him spraying his little brother with it. "He didn't get any in his face did he?" I asked, concerned for Joseph at first. "No" she said, but there is a big wet spot on the back of his head, dripping down his back". Knowing at this point that Joseph was ok, I had to bust out laughing. I concluded that maybe he had a stinky diaper and that was Geffory's solution.

Just last night, my daughter called again. As we were talking, Samantha walked in on Geffory coloring. Her conversation then turned to James, the oldest. "Did you ask if Geffory could color?" Unfortunately I couldn't hear his response but then I heard her say "Geffory needs to be supervised when he colors, who's supervising him?" she said, trying to make him understand why its important to ask. Sam repeated James' response "Joseph"! By this time, I'm LMAO...the 9 month old is supervising the 2 year old! Out of the mouths of babes! Aren't they wonderful?

0 comments: