Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rehashing the Past

Its funny how history repeats it's self. People tend to forget the things that you do for them out of love or kindness, just to make them happy because it makes you feel good inside to give and then they turn it around on you and only recall what they want to. Sometimes no matter how giving you are, its never enough, they want "more more more". I never expected anything in return and never got so much as a thanks and really didn't expect one. I forgave as it is my nature to do so. I believe in fairness, honesty, respect,integrity and forgiveness.

I'm not angry anymore over the past, I'm not even angry about the current situation, I'm trying to make the best of it. What I'm angry about is the unrealistic expectations and exaggerated responses, the apologies made not because one is truly sorry, but think that "that" is what you want to hear and it will make everything better and go away. But it doesn't go away unless its sincere, it comes back to bite them in the ass, that's the problem with telling people what they want to hear, or telling untruths to make ones self look and feel better about themselves, they soon forget what they said and when the people close to you find inconsistencies and holes in the stories, they lose trust in that person and unfortunately sometimes a good friend.

I'm very happy in my current relationship. I've found someone who believes in the same ideals. Am I being chastised for wanting to move on? I've danced around moving on for two years, a seamlessly never ending waltz being led by procrastination and false hopes. But when I am finally ready to separate the past from the present and get closure, separate the material portion of that life which is the last task to be completed, I'm treated with contempt. Just because someone fixes a clock that isn't theirs doesn't make it theirs. Just because someone says "we'll take care of it later" doesn't mean "later" won't come one day. Later is here, the dance is over, the music stopped long ago and its time to get off the dance floor, there are new partners on the dance card.


0 comments: