Friday, July 31, 2009

Intersections










Pitch black roads, beneath starry skies,
night after night I drive.
Pink Floyd wishing you were here
or Miley climbing mountains,
whatever I can dial, I sing and smile.
Prowling highways and interstates,
hearing music for my inner state.
Thoughts race sometimes or draw a blank,
hypnotized by yellow lines and reflective signs.

New friends each day
or for the week.
This life is not intended for the meek
of soul or mind
but I've never been so "me" before
nor had such ambitions of having more.
No complaints by hotel staff,
nothing to criticize on my behalf.
When I walk through the empty door,
the road calls my name,
enticing me to journey further
beyond thoughts I've never had before.

Attainable dreams upon the horizon;
I hear them sizzle
when they rise.
My senses keener, smelling roses on the way
and emotions of the distant bay.
I am compelled to pause and touch the sky.
Reflect upon the "crossroad" sign;
contemplate what turn to make.
A single stretch of highway
possesses forging power;
transforms the scenery of approaching days.
Each curve, each turn, each hill I climb,
illuminates the centered line.

© Elizabeth A. Hall, 2009, all rights reserved.

0 comments: