Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reflections of the Unemployed Week 3

I've managed to get nearly everything moved out of the River house, all that remains is my tractor and a few other things that require a truck. Now, I've moved 5 times in the last two and a half years and NEVER have had EVERYTHING moved out of the River house so this is a BIG deal.

Everything has come full circle. I left the river in 2006 and took the job that fired me as a stepping stone, not expecting to stay there. I was there for nearly three years. The entire time my life was in limbo, not moving anywhere, moving back and forth from my apartment to the river several times. This time I think I've finally moved out of that stagnant phase of my life. I'm finally getting closure on that chapter; house, job, divorce and writing a new one. The page is fresh and clean. So I'm looking at it from a more positive perspective.

I've added a new skill to my resume' and although I said I'd never go back to working in a call center, I'm reconsidering. I was good at what I did and enjoyed it. I know there are better call centers out there that would appreciate my skills. But then again, I could go in a different direction, try something completely different, the possibilities are endless and with the economy the way it is right now I don't think I'm going to let any door remain closed.

I've made some great friends at G.O. and I know that some of them will be around for a very long time; something I never had before. Some other great things that happened while I was at G.O. was saying goodbye to that extreme shyness. I really came out of my shell and I could be myself which I hope to never lose. Taking escalation calls from very angry people desensitized me from conflict and I believe it nearly cured my P.T.S.D. I've come a long way baby!

As I always say "something good always comes from the bad" and "when one door closes another door opens".

Peace
Liz

0 comments: