Friday, April 24, 2009

Reflections of the Unemployed Week 7

Wow, its been 7 weeks already. There hasn't been much in the way of jobs to apply for this week. I'm thinking it may be time to call in a temp service and I have made an appointment with one next week. In the meantime, I've spent some time on Twitter and have found a wealth of information from other unemployed people as well as sites that are in the market to help with some great advice and tips on job hunting and resume' building. I'm working on composing a list of sites to include on my blogspot side bar.

I seem to have entered a new phase of being unemployed (besides finding more gray hair appearing at an astonishing rate..lol) I feel guilty that I'm not working and worry "am I doing enough around the house"? "Am I pulling my weight"? I don't feel like I am. I know there are things I "should" be doing, like taking care of unpacking what is stored in the basement in bags so I can clean out the storage unit and then have a yard sale. My "Umph" is just not there right now and I know I need to get these things accomplished before I go back to work.

I've gone off my antidepressant for a couple of reasons, I think it was making me even more tired than I already am and I've heard nothing back on my COBRA. I seem to be doing fine without it now that all the drama from moving and being fired is over. However it may come back to haunt me as I've heard there have been further inquiries about my having called in sick that led to my firing. The questions began after the company lost their attempt at denying my unemployment. Its really quite simple, I have my Dr. excuse for the two days I missed. Not my fault they didn't make a copy of it, In fact, they didn't even want to see it.

I spent the afternoon and evening on Wednesday with two "former" employee, consoling one of them because she too was fired. The other was fired in 2007, he had just filed for Intermittent FMLA for Diabetes, Interestingly, the most recent had just filed for FMLA a few weeks ago, the ink wasn't even dry yet on either one of their applications when they were let go. The pattern is getting big enough to be obvious don't you think?

For the sake of posterity, I thought I would share a "fun" photo from work! That's me on Halloween last year. When it was fun, it was very fun!

Peace
Liz

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY LIZ
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH NOT TAKING YOUR DEPRESSION MEDICATION I HAVE BEEN ON MEDS SINCE 1997 FOR BIPOLAR AND DEPRESSION I STOPPED A FEW TIMES IT USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS FOR THE MEDS TO GET OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM SO JUST KEEP A WATCH AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL IF YOU NEED TO SEE A DOC I HEARD THAT ROBERT YOUNG IS A GOOD PLACE TO GO AND THEY WORK WITH YOUR INCOME AS TO HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO PAY
TAKE CARE
ANDI