Thursday, May 7, 2009

Laurie Garrett Puts our Minds at Ease on Colbert'

In a previous post I mentioned the H5N1 virus. I noticed it referred to in a "Google" ad as the "Swine Flu". I questioned it and noted to myself I should do some research on it. I have been so busy that I didn't get a chance to before I saw the following interview with Laurie Garrett who currently has an article in "Newsweek" entitled "Fear & The Flu" and is referred to as a "Global Health Expert".

The Swine Flu "is just a really bad rotten case of flu" Laurie states. She revealed that the H5N1 is the "Avian Bird Flu" and is much more serious than the "Swine Flu" or H1N1. According to WHO, The World Health Organization and their most recent statistics, there is not 1 confirmed case in the last seven years on our North American or South American Continent as shown in the chart below, so for Heavens sake, lets not panic over "Bird Flu" either:

Cumulative Number of Confirmed Human Cases of Avian Influenza A/(H5N1) Reported to WHO


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Laurie Garrett
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorGay Marriage



0 comments: