Friday, May 1, 2009

Pandemic or Dam Panic? I'm Dam Mad!

After researching and writing the update for my blog "Swine flu 'Pandemic' or 'Unnecessary Panic" I began to network to bring people to my site to inform them. The more I did, the more upset I became and have more questions than answers.

Thus far, I've learned that H1N1 is the most common form of flu. You are more likely to contract Influenza B or even win the lottery. The facts are all there for anyone to look at. I've listed them on the above mentioned blog.

These are my questions:
1. There is 1 "confirmed" reported death in the United States. Mexico holds the remaining few "confirmed" deaths. There are "confirmed" cases, though few, scattered about the rest of the world. Why are all the deaths in Mexico? Doesn't that seem strange? And there are many third world countries out there with confirmed cases and no deaths, also strange.

2. What is the panic going to do to our economy? I'll tell you. Businesses are closing, schools are closing, even the border from Mexico is closing and people are not going out except to buy useless face masks. I haven't looked yet, but I bet our stock market is down as well.

3. Why has WHO deemed it necessary to place us at level 5 risk? If you'll look back in history, a form of H1N1, otherwise known as the "Spanish Flu" killed between 40 million and 100 million people from 1918 to 1920 and was said to be a level 5 pandemic. I'm sorry but this doesn't hold a candle to that bit of history at all. There are fewer reports of the H1N1 in recent months than when flu season began and more reports of Influenza B overall.

4. Is someone trying to sabotage the progress of our economy? Is someone or some organization trying to terrorize the people? Is someone just trying to make our President look bad? So in te future they can look back and say "look how bad the economy turned during Obamas first 100 days" and completely forget the reason behind it?

President Obama had it right, he advised us to wash our hands and cover our mouths when we cough! As we would during any flu season. People are so trusting of our media. Where are the fact checkers? Someone should be fired!

I'm angry as you should be too, to be a "puppet on a string", being terrorized by our own media? And for what reason?

Peace
Liz

(to give credit where credit is due, Jon Stewart saw the anogram in Pandemic to be Dam Panic)

1 comments:

Brian VW said...

Don Rumsfeld, former member of the Cheney-Bush Crime Cabal who was largely responsible for fucking up Iraq so bad, also happens to be a majority stockholder in the company that makes the Tamiflu vaccination. In the midst of this madness, with governments all over the world spending money to buy doses of Tamiflu, the bastard has got to be making money hand over fist.

Suppose this idiot has the connections/power/dollars to help stir up a media frenzy?

I'm just sayin'...